Front Porch Living – Inspiring Invitation
Aspen Homes | 4 Minutes
With the arrival of Spring, it’s time to set the stage for your home by creating a space that cultivates gathering. Where the neighborhood turns into a community. Nothing says WELCOME like front porch living. Front Porches are the Hellos and Goodbyes to our everyday. Perched on the porch, you can catch the sunrise with coffee in hand. The porch invites curling up to a good book in the sun’s warmth, lulled into an afternoon nap. It welcomes surprise drop-ins from neighbors and hosts girlfriends on summer nights. They offer a front-row seat to God, putting on a show at sunset with a symphony of crickets, catching shooting stars while fireflies are aglow. It’s a great place for nostalgia to appear and memories to be made.
Here are the top ten Front Porch Pointers to Inspire Hospitality and dress your space from sunrise to sunset.
- Start with a clean space. Power wash the porch and wipe down the furniture. Repair areas that need it.
- Paint the Front Door – Consider a Bold color that makes a statement with an invitation.
- Front Door Décor – Hang a wreath with natural beauty or adorn it with an Adirondack hanging basket.
- Add a Welcome Mat. For extra flair, layer it over a stylish rug.
- Mount a Mailbox with florals spilling out for a touch of nostalgia.
- Add potted plants or a touch of greenery. Hanging flower baskets are a beautiful curtain to set the stage of your home.
- Front Porch Sittin’- Create a sitting area anchored with a whimsical rug. Place lanterns or hang playful lighting for evenings. Add a table and have family game nights on the porch if your space allows.
- Toss a few blankets around to wrap up at dawn or dusk.
- Add fun pillows and signs to tie in your style.
- If the porch allows for it, add a swing!
Enjoy the extended living space you have created and INVITE others into it.